11 Exploiting Knowledge
- Justification for patents and copyright
- Patent strategy
- Rise of the patent troll
- Growth of “creative commons”.
Textbook: chapter 10
- McDonough, JF(2006) ‘The Myth of the Patent Troll: An Alternative View of the Function of Patent Dealers in an Idea Economy’, Emory Law Journal, Vol. 56, p. 189; Emory Public Law Research Paper No. 07-6; Emory Law and Economics Research Paper No. 07-7.
- Lessig, L (2006) ‘Creative Economies’, Michigan State Law Review, 33-43.
- www.lessig.org: website of Lawrence Lessig, including online texts of several books with Creative Commons licences.
- Biddle, B; White, A. and Woods, S. How Many Standards in a Laptop? (And Other Empirical Questions) (2010)