A session in which we address the evolution away from market relationships towards partnerships and uncover the mechanisms for ensuring that partnerships operate efficiently.
This session covers the shift from a model of purchasing and procurement based on competition between vendors and short-term relationships to the emergence of the partnership model, based around longer-term relationships between firms and co-operation to improve the relationship to the benefit of both sides.
- be able to describe adversarial sourcing
- be able to describe the partnership model of supply
- be able to explain how parnership supply relationships are kept efficient
- b able to describe how risk is managed in process outsourcing.
- Arons, Clemons & Reddy (2005) Just Right Outsourcing: Understanding and Managing Risk, Journal of Management Information Systems; Fall2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p37-55.
- Willcocks, L. , Hindle, J. Feeny, D. and Lacity, M. (2004). IT and Business Process Outsourcing: The Knowledge Potential, Information Systems Management Journal, Summer.
- Power, M; Bonifazi, C. & Desouza, K.C. (2004) The ten outsourcing traps to avoid, Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 24, (2), 37-42.