Tesco Bank Digital Challenge – 17-21 February 2014
Tesco Bank Digital invites undergraduate students from Informatics, Product Design (ECA) and the Business School at the University of Edinburgh to apply to join one of eight cross disciplinary teams working together during Innovative Learning Week. Teams will respond to a specific brief to produce a mobile application (app) for Tesco Bank which will address a key business issue. Tesco Digital will brief teams on the Monday morning, 17 February in the Business School, giving teams 5 days to prepare ideas to present back to members of the Tesco Bank Digital management team at their offices in Haymarket, Edinburgh on Friday afternoon 21 February 2014.
This is a unique opportunity for students to:
– Practice their disciplinary skills in a cross disciplinary environment, putting learning into practice with a key Edinburgh business in Tesco Bank
– Learn skills in a real world environment responding to an actual business problem
– Develop contacts in other University faculties
– Build the key transferable skills of team work, project management, presentations, working to deadlines amongst others.
– Build a competitive position in the market place with a unique project on the CV
– Learn more about the developing world of digital financial services and mobile applications
– Potentially develop an ongoing relationship with Tesco Bank Digital
– Compete with 8 other teams to create the best app with prizes for the winners (including Google Hudls for the winning team)
This is early notification of the opportunity. Interest is expected to be high and numbers are restricted so please email your application (CV and covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Any questions contact: Caroline Marchant (Business School), Douglas Bryden (ECA) or Keith Edwards (Informatics)